that works for you.
- Industry-leading health and wellness benefits
- Full coverage for preventive services
- Microsoft contributions to Health Savings Account
- Dental and vision coverage
- Same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partner benefits
- Free onsite preventive-health screenings
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) savings plan and matching Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Expert-led financial education seminars
- Life, Disability, and Long Term Care insurance 24-hour health line
- Telephonic and in-person-counseling support
- Paid Time Off
- Infertility and family planning coverage
- Adoption and surrogacy assistance
- Maternity and parental leave Childcare subsidy
- Back-Up Care program
- Autism/ABA therapy benefit
- New mother's rooms
- Asthma, Cardiac, Diabetes, Weight Management and Tobacco Cessation programs
- Fitness subsidy
- Recreational league fee reimbursement
- Free shuttle service
- CalTrain Go Pass
- Discounted onsite Café
- Onsite showers and towel service
- Dry cleaning service
- Onsite oil changes
- Tuition assistance
- Local restaurant, recreation, and service discounts
- Volunteer and charitable gift matching
- Campus-wide events
- Microsoft product discounts
A culture of wellness and balance
Benefits play an important role in your choice of an employer. That's why we work hard to make sure our benefits reflect the changing needs and wants of our people, and it's why we provide many industry-leading benefits to our employees who rely on them. Our goal is to empower you with the resources, incentives, and flexibility you need to enjoy success on the job and to live a healthy, balanced life. Microsoft is widely recognized as a leading company for offering one of the strongest and most comprehensive compensation and benefits packages in the country. We start with competitive pay and then we add on unique offerings that might surprise you. Here's a bird's-eye view.
Our Microsoft Silicon Valley employees enjoy perks such as a Caltrain GO Pass, shuttle services to ACE and Caltrain stations, annual fitness subsidies and onsite services including dry cleaning, oil change, company store, and MSLibrary. While enjoying al fresco dining at our Café - offering a wide range of cuisines and the best of local eateries - one may see an impromptu tournament at our basketball court or an employee-led fitness boot camp on our beach volleyball court. With close proximity to Stevens Creek Trail, many of our Mountain View-based employees ride their bikes to work and enjoy the convenience of onsite showers and towel service.
Health and wellness
Our health care benefits lead the industry, providing the highest-quality care for you and your eligible dependents, with no payroll deductions and full coverage for preventive services - such as annual exams and screenings. We offer dental and vision coverage, health club discounts and fitness subsidies, programs to manage chronic health conditions and help you quit smoking, access to a 24-hour health-line, as well as office ergonomics resources and tools. Microsoft is also the first major corporation to offer a benefit for the treatment of autism, providing coverage for Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy through Certified Autism Providers.
We love giving to our communities and to causes that our employees care most about. We match the dollars you contribute to eligible charities or educational institutions, offering a match of up to $15,000 per calendar year. When you contribute your time, we'll donate $17 per hour to the eligible organizations you serve.
Family and parenting
Your family will enjoy a wide range of benefits, including adoption fee assistance, maternity leave, paid time off for new moms and dads, and discounts on child-care services. If you have a breakdown in your regular child-care arrangements, take advantage of backup care that provides temporary center-based or in-home care services for your children or other dependents.
We provide a 401(k) plan that includes a company match on contributions and an employee stock purchase program that allows employees to purchase shares of Microsoft stock. Our Microsoft Employee Financial Education Program provides objective information to help employees make informed decisions and create a financially fit portfolio.
Learning and development
We encourage constant learning so you can stay sharp. Take advantage of our business-related tuition assistance for under-graduate or graduate coursework. In addition, employees have access to a large collection of job and career-related training.